This is for any intrepid readers out there who have been following this blog for any length of time. Executive summary: this blog should be getting more content (and more varied content) in the future. Really.
Here's the thing. At the moment, I'm trying to maintain the following:
- This blog
- Entries on the Pathfinder Agile Ajax Blog.
- A private blog where I review books and the like.
- Two Twitter accounts (one for book updates, one for me)
- Two del.icio.us tags published to blog sidebars.
All of which got neglected during the big book push.
That's clearly an insane amount of stuff to manage, and it was all suffering for it. On top which, dividing blogs between professional and personal/geeky content was not turning out to be pleasant.
That said, I obviously need to continue posting to the Pathfinder blog, what with them paying me and all. So the plan is this:
- The private blog will no longer be updated. Since it is actually private, I'm pretty much the only person this affects.
- Some of the topics that I would have posted there will now come here. I'll try to keep a technical focus (or at least a geekfan focus), but I'll be defining that somewhat more broadly.
- However, issues that fall under Pathfinder's purview (meaning Ruby and Agile topics) will be posted there. I'll continue to add links to those articles on this blog.
- The twitter account with book updates will no longer be updated -- my "real" account is now the sidebar on this blog.
- The old del.iciou.us sidebar is also gone. That content will go into the twitter stream.
The goal is 2-3 Twitter updates a day for links or other short thoughts, and 2-3 larger blog articles a week. Fingers crossed on that last one. Stay tuned.